Since our beginning the Civic Improvement committee has helped our community in many areas. The first ambulance was purchased June 20, 1952, at a cost of $8,200.00, this replaced the ambulance that was purchased in 1940. The Lions Club continued this project, purchasing an ambulance in 1956, and the last one in 1960. The club has helped with the purchase of the Parks & Recreation Van, donated $5000.00 toward furniture for the new library, $5000.00 toward the purchase of the Carlisle ladder truck, and $2500.00 toward the purchase of Defibrillator for the ambulance. When the Milford Little League needed new dugouts, they donated $2500 toward the building materials. Another program was to install lights at the High School tennis courts and help pay for the electric.

More recently we have purchased a Defibrillator for one of the police cars, made donations to the Carlisle Fire Company to help with new equipment, purchased two lamp post for the Downtown, donated $3600 toward the start-up of the Mispillion Art League, donated $29,000 toward the Boy’s and Girl’s Club building fund and to purchased bleachers for the pool area and donated $50,000 toward the building fund to improve the Milford Library.

This committee continues to look for ways to improve the Milford community.